Mountovani CD

Cejka Rudolf cejkar at dcse.fee.vutbr.cz
Tue Feb 20 10:17:12 CET 2001

Petr Hnetynka wrote (2001/02/19):
> mam jeden dotaz. Co vsechno je potreba nastavit, aby mohl CDcka mountovat
> i obycejny uzivatel - ne jenom root? Nemuzu to nikde najit.

Doma to mam nastavene podle FAQ v /usr/share/doc (pro nastaveni sysctl
je nejlepsi do /etc/sysctl.conf dat "vfs.usermount=1"):

--
Q: How do I let ordinary users mount floppies and other removable media?

A: Ordinary users can be permitted to mount devices. Here is how:

 1. As root assign the appropriate permissions to the block device associated
    with the removable media.

    For example, to allow users to mount the first floppy drive, use:
        # chmod 777 /dev/fd0

 2. As root set the sysctl variable vfs.usermount to 1.
        # sysctl -w vfs.usermount=1

Users can now mount /dev/fd0 onto a directory that they own:
    % mkdir ~/my-mount-point
    % mount -t msdos /dev/fd0 ~/my-mount-point

Unmounting the device is simple:
    % umount ~/my-mount-point

Enabling vfs.usermount, however, has negative security implications. A better
way to access MSDOS formatted media is to use the mtools package in the ports
collection.
--

Stefan Kremen wrote (2001/02/19):
delali jini...

--
Rudolf Cejka   (cejkar at dcse.fee.vutbr.cz;  http://www.fee.vutbr.cz/~cejkar)
Brno University of Technology, Faculty of El. Engineering and Comp. Science