make "-j" volba

Vitezslav Novy vnovy at vnovy.net
Mon Feb 15 18:45:50 CET 2010

Handbook  sekce  24.7.7.2 Compile the Base System
na konci rika:

It is possible to specify a -j option to make which will cause it to
spawn several simultaneous processes. This is most useful on multi-CPU
machines. However, since much of the compiling process is IO bound
rather than CPU bound it is also useful on single CPU machines.

On a typical single-CPU machine you would run:

# make -j4 buildworld

make(1) will then have up to 4 processes running at any one time.
Empirical evidence posted to the mailing lists shows this generally
gives the best performance benefit.

If you have a multi-CPU machine and you are using an SMP configured
kernel try values between 6 and 10 and see how they speed things up.

////////

Paralelni kompilace kernelu podle me zkusenosti i podle konferenci casto
koncila chybou a paralelni instalaci me nikdy nenapadlo pustit, takze nevim

v.