wdrain

Divacky Roman xdivac02 at stud.fit.vutbr.cz
Wed Dec 20 18:08:54 CET 2006

On Wed, Dec 20, 2006 at 03:20:38PM +0100, Ivo Hazmuk wrote:
> Ahoj vespolek,
>
> muze mi nekdo vysvetlit, co znamena, kdyz je proces ve stavu wdrain. Mam
> velmi intenzivni pocit, ze to neni dobre. Ale odpoved jsem zatim
> nevygoogloval.

nasel jsem todlenc...

 *      waitrunningbufspace()
 *
 *      runningbufspace is a measure of the amount of I/O currently
 *      running.  This routine is used in async-write situations to
 *      prevent creating huge backups of pending writes to a device.
 *      Only asynchronous writes are governed by this function.
 *
 *      Reads will adjust runningbufspace, but will not block based on it.
 *      The read load has a side effect of reducing the allowed write load.
 *
 *      This does NOT turn an async write into a sync write.  It waits
 *      for earlier writes to complete and generally returns before the
 *      caller's write has reached the device.

proste kdyz vfs.runningbufspace > vfs.hirunningspace tak si process
zdrimne na tom wdrainu. analyzu proc/jestli je to spatne nechavam
na nekom jinem

roman