Java ve FreeBSD

Cejka Rudolf cejkar at fit.vutbr.cz
Fri Mar 14 15:39:46 CET 2003

Liquid wrote (2003/03/14):
> Mimochodem, bude v 5.0 lepsi podporad Sun JDK?

K Jave muzu preposlat jen toto, ale treba to trochu potesi ;-)

--
phantom     2003/03/06 15:18:24 PST

  FreeBSD ports repository

  Modified files:
    java/jdk14           Makefile distinfo pkg-descr pkg-message
                         pkg-plist
    java/jdk14/files     patch-common::Defs-bsd.gmk
  Removed files:
    java/jdk14/files     patch-InetAddressImpl.c
                         patch-platform_i486 patch-threads_bsd.c
                         patch-threads_md.c
  Log:
  I am pleased to announce first public -beta patchset of FreeBSD/Java port
  for JDK 1.4.1.  This is complete and close to production quality
  native JDK with both working client and server native JVMs.  Local micro
  benchmarks shown very little difference between Linux and FreeBSD JVMs in
  speed.

  One of important points of this patchset that it marks point when we are
  very close to passing of Sun TCK tests.  Currently about 20 of >27000 tests
  are known to be broken (tests were run at -STABLE).  If testing of this
  patchset will be smooth and founding of this work will be continued we
  may expect to have binary distribution of JDK 1.4.1 in April or begining
  of May.

  BUT, don't forget that even TCK tests can't cover all possible problems
  and this is -beta patchset.  Keep your eyes open and report your problems
  to freebsd-java mailing list or to me directly!

  * About supported FreeBSD releases:

  Altough 4.8-RELEASE will be first officially supported FreeBSD release,
  you may use JDK 1.4.1-p3 at stock post-02-Feb-2003 -STABLE or -CURRENT.

  You also may use it at post-07-Jan-2003 -STABLE and -CURRENT (including
  5.0-RELEASE), but it's required to apply libc_r patch, distributed with
  patchset3 archive, and rebuild libc_r first.

  * About compiler:

  This port is supposed to be built with stock FreeBSD compiler (3.2.[12]
  for -CURRENT and 2.95.4 for -STABLE)!

  * Following issues are known, but not yet addressed:

  . IPv6 networking.  IPv6 support is disabled in this patchset.
  . Asian languages support.  Patches are welcome!
  . K6 (586-class) processors support.  There're issues with building on
    old K6 processors.  If you've problems with 586-class machines other than
    K6 - please let me know.
  . Mozilla plugin is not yet ported.

  * Following areas should be used with increased attention:

  . Java Virtual Machine Profiling Interface (JVMPI)
  . Java Virtual Machine Debugging Interface (JVMDI)
  . Host Porting Interface (HPI)

  If you have problems with these interfaces please let me know.

  * THANKS!

  I would thank very much to FreeBSD Foundation, without which support
  and sponsorship JDK 1.4.1 port would not happen in such timeframes (less
  than 2 months).

  Sponsored by:   FreeBSD Foundation
  Approved by:    portmgr

  Revision  Changes     Path
  1.51      +37 -166    ports/java/jdk14/Makefile

--
Rudolf Cejka <cejkar at fit.vutbr.cz> http://www.fit.vutbr.cz/~cejkar
Brno University of Technology, Faculty of Information Technology