wpi(4) nefunguje s Intel 3945ABG

Miroslav Lachman 000.fbsd at quip.cz
Sat Apr 26 22:07:46 CEST 2008

Dan Lukes wrote:
> Ivan Dolnák wrote:
>
>>wpi0: <Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG> mem 0xfe1ff000-0xfe1fffff irq 17
>>at device 0.0 on pci3
>>bus_dmamem_alloc failed to align memory properly.
>

> Ze zmen udelanych po 7.0-RELEASE:
>

>>+ * Allocates a contiguous block of dma memory of the requested size and
>>+ * alignment. Due to limitations of the FreeBSD dma subsystem as of 20071217,
>>+ * allocations greater than 4096 may fail. Hence if the requested alignment is
>>+ * greater we allocate 'alignment' size extra memory and shift the vaddr and
>>+ * paddr after the dma load. This bypasses the problem at the cost of a little
>>+ * more memory.
>

> 	Tohle by mohl byt prave tento pripad (neni to ale jiste - z toho
> neverbose LOGu se zda, ze pozadovana pamet 4k neprevysovala).
>
> 	Pokud by to byl tento problem pak moznym resenim je pouziti 7-STABLE

[...]

> 	Ale ve skutecnosti bych se asi timhle problemem nezabyval, dokud nebude
> vyreseny problem s neuspesnou alokaci pameti.

Udajne je ta chybova hlaska "neskodna" a wpi funguje i s ni.
Doporucuju k tehle problematice pozorne procist archiv mailinglistu
freebsd-mobile@, kde se zrovna nedavno (v breznu) tohle resilo:

btw, according to an older post, "wpi error: bus_dmamem_alloc failed to
align memory properly" is not really a big deal.  I used to get those
errors (you will see this in the configs I pointed you to above) but wpi
worked anyway.  The latest patches that have been floating around on
freebsd-net@ solve the problem (and a host of others, too).  I don't
know if they've been MFCd back to 7.0 yet but they will be.

http://people.freebsd.org/~thompsa/wpi_releng7.diff

Mirek