NAT - traversal

Roman Neuhauser neuhauser at chello.cz
Tue Dec 21 02:12:17 CET 2004

# dan at obluda.cz / 2004-12-20 12:17:44 +0100:
> 	Predpokladam, ze stanice, ze ktere chcete z domova pracovat jsou
> Windows - protoze FreeBSD/IPSEC pokud vim UDP-Encapsulated-* mody
> cinnosti nema implementovane. a RACOON ani ISAKMPT nedporuji jejich
> negociaci. V konecnem pohledu, NAT-T je "work in progress" a jeste neni
> uplne jasne, jak co presne udelat.

    http://openbsd.org/36.html:

    + isakmpd(8) now supports NAT-traversal and Dead Peer Detection (RFC
      3706).

    Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 15:24:33 +0100
    From: "Simon L. Nielsen" <simon at FreeBSD.org>
    To: freebsd-ports at freebsd.org
    Subject: isakmpd update [was: FreeBSD ports which are currently scheduled
            for deletion]

    On 2004.12.13 03:35:27 +0100, Roman Neuhauser wrote:
    > # simon at FreeBSD.org / 2004-12-08 11:59:20 +0100:
    >
    > > Just FYI, I'm working on an updated version of isakmpd based on a new
    > > snapshot from OpenBSD.  I hope to get committed within the next couple
    > > of days, it just needs more testing.
    >
    >     Will it include the NAT-traversal capability from 3.6?

    Yes, though I haven't had the chance to test NAT-T yet.

    In any case, the isakmpd port has been updated now to a snapshot from
    the OpenBSD 3.6 branch.  If anybody has problems with it please let me
    know.