Problem pri make buildworld na 5.2.1-RC2

Roman Neuhauser neuhauser at chello.cz
Mon Mar 15 22:04:29 CET 2004

# pav at oook.cz / 2004-03-15 10:54:22 +0100:
> V po, 15. 03. 2004 v 07:31, Zbynek Houska píše:
>
> > > Pryc s tim! S -O2 to nefunguje.
>
> > Tak to by mne zajimalo proc ;-)
>
> Chyby v optimalizacnich rutinach gcc.

    zda se, ze to je rozsirena urban legend. :)

    Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 15:58:31 +0100
    From: Dag-Erling Sm?rgrav <des at des.no>
    To: Harald Schmalzbauer <h at schmalzbauer.de>
    Cc: wpaul at freebsd.org
    Cc: freebsd-current at freebsd.org
    Subject: Re: -Os and ndispatch.c

    Harald Schmalzbauer <h at schmalzbauer.de> writes:
    > Please forget the following lines if "CFLAGS= -Os -pipe" is known to
    > be unsupported.

    We only support -O1.  All other values are known to be broken in
    various ways.  Parts of the kernel rely on dead code elimination to
    avoid warnings; parts of userland play pointer games which the ISO C
    standard does not permit; some inline asm code may be broken in ways
    that only affect code compiled with -O2 or higher.

    Note that -O2 and -O3 used to produce incorrect code in some cases,
    but AFAIK these issues have all been fixed in gcc, and the remaining
    bugs are in our own code.