shfs pre bsd

Roman Neuhauser neuhauser at bellavista.cz
Tue Feb 3 16:54:15 CET 2004

# dusan at printsoft.cz / 2004-02-03 10:44:51 +0100:
> Mam otazku. Existuje nejaky soft ako lufs, alebo sshfs pre linux aj
> pod freebsd? potreboval by som mount-nut remote filesystem cez ssh.

    stacilo by tohle?

    roman at freepuppy /usr/ports 1002:0 > cat security/sfs/pkg-descr
    WWW: http://www.fs.net/

    SFS (Self-Certifying File System) is a secure, global file system
    with completely decentralized control. SFS lets you access your
    files from anywhere and share them with anyone, anywhere. Anyone
    can set up an SFS server, and any user can access any server from
    any client. SFS lets you share files across administrative realms
    without involving administrators or certification authorities.

    SFS names file systems by public keys. Every remote file server is
    mounted on a self-certifying pathname -- a directory of the form
    /sfs/LOCATION:HOSTID, where LOCATION is a DNS hostname and HOSTID
    is a cryptographic hash of a public key. This naming scheme allows
    for completely decentralized control -- anyone can create a file
    server, and any user can access any file server from any client.
    Various key management schemes can be built on top of SFS using
    symbolic links to map human-readable names to self-certifying
    pathnames.